Overcome.

Overcome.
You Can.

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Valentines Day

So..Its February 13, 2014 .. the day before Valentines and all of the talk shows I PVR were talking about love and Valentines day, posing the question to men .."Are you ready?" meaning..have you thought about flowers, candy, date ideas..a special card?!

I think it's really special to do something for the person you love on Valentines Day. Ya . It's the simple things you do everyday and should continue to do on a regular basis that matter but I think in relationships everything becomes SO predictable and SO typical. Valentines Day is an easy opportunity to really set the mood for your relationship and give it the attention it needs to thrive. 

I have always appreciated thoughtful flowers and card.. but I can say I think all ladies would like to be swept off their feet! I have nothing but my thoughts and ideas these days and I got to thinking about what type of Valentines Day would really WOW me. 

My V-Day wow List: 

1. Home cooked meal, complete with table decor like candles, music, and of course dessert. 

2. A night out playing arcade games, playing pool or bowling and eating pizza and wings, fruity Bellini's and margaritas all night long!

3. A late night outdoor skate, beaver tails and long walk downtown with a Starbucks stop.

4. At home chill fest you bring a hand full of Records and I share some of mine ..we listen to music and chat..drinks, appetizers and maybe a fun Q&A deck of cards for conversation.

5. Out on the town, out for dinner and then either to watch a live local band or dancing at a club. Its an excuse to dress up and appreciate each other. 
----------------------------------------------------------------------
These next ones are the WOW List:

6.  A remote cabin in the mountains or woods somewhere. Fire Place, a play list of all the best romantic songs, Board games, romance movies, your undivided attention! No cell phones allowed!

7. A comedy club, a night full of laughs may be just what we need!

8. Take me to see a concert ( there is not always someone amazing in town but chances are there is someone interesting I would like! ) This is a big one for me, I love concerts! Chantal Kreviatzuk, U2, Third Eye Blind, Jill Scott, Justin Timberlake, Cold Play, Sheryl Crow, Boyz II Men, John Mayer, etc. I could go on and on but you get the idea!


9. 
 Surprise weekend Getaway, bags packed..hotel booked, trip to New York City! Skating in Central Park and dessert at Serendipity. Possibly a full day shopping ? (that may be pushing it!)



10. It's hard to imagine anything better than number 9 ..so I will combine it actually..the weekend getaway still happens..it could be a week even and somewhere completely remote like an island you have to take a boat to get to. 
>>>Before you whisk me away..you write me a song and play and sing it to me or a poem or maybe it's an inspired piece of art work? You share that with me, take me to a salon to get my hair done along with a manicure and pedicure..You collect a goodie bag of all my favorite candy, drinks, treats and magazines and give it to me on our way to the destination. If we're driving, you surprise me with a cd of music I love..If we're flying you have updated my iPod likewise. 

All I can say is WOW!
Any of the ideas on this Valentines Day list would completely wow me. It's so much fun thinking about it! Tomorrow I am going to have a quiet night alone, I think I will pop in a frozen pizza and watch a few sappy movies : ) maybe have a bubble bath?...This sounds pathetic I know! but I am actually really looking forward to it!

Since I am all about the Lists: 
Here is my Valentines Day Movie Must -See's :

1. Pretty Woman

2. The Body Guard
3. A Walk In The Clouds
4. Crazy Stupid Love
5. Legends of the Fall

I left out classics and of course there was no mention of "The Notebook" but these are just some of the ones I really like and will probably end up watching. Let me know of any others I need to see! another funny one I enjoyed watching last year was "Think Like a Man" I might just download that one too! 

No comments: