Overcome.

Overcome.
You Can.

Monday, March 17, 2014

Finding Epic Moments.


Today, actually the past 2 days off of work have been really good. I decided on Sunday to do a little cleaning and organizing in my bedroom and I can’t believe what it difference it has made! I am lying in bed on my fresh new duvet cover (this is one item I recommend having a few options of stored away in a linen closet, because it is the simplest way to totally change the look/mood/feel of your bedroom!) Anyway, the duvet cover I chose has been around for years but I never really used it much, it’s a bright red with white outlines of flowers all over. It just brought instant cheer. I put up a few cut pieces of cork on one of my walls as well and have a few magazine cut outs of pretty pictures and sayings on my wall as well that have made the space really nice. I tipped over an old cardboard box on the side of the bed that isn’t visible and now have a place to stack a few books and my lap top which is perfect!
 
Tomorrow I am back at work, which is a total bummer! I always feel like I only just begin getting into my sweet spot before time is up and I am back at it! I think this is what I need to work on, just because I have to work doesn’t mean I have to give up all the simple pleasures in the day! After all my shift is 8 hours out of an entire day.

Today I had this desire to watch Dances With Wolves, a movie from 1990, directed and starring Kevin Costner. I was blown away while watching! It’s timeless! Normally when I watch movies from an older decade I immediately see evidence throughout reminding me that it was made so many years ago but this movie is so incredibly beautiful. The story is so gripping; I loved it all over again. When is the last time there has been an epic movie like that one? Titanic, Brave Heart, Schindlers List, to name a few have been in that category but I am waiting for something new to come out and fit into that ‘Epic’ category, it’s been too long!

Well that’s it for now, It’s that time again for bed!..Let’s hope for sunny sky’s tomorrow : )

No comments: