Overcome.

Overcome.
You Can.

Sunday, August 24, 2014

Seize It.

Well.. This is a first for me.. I'm writing this post on my iPhone. I'm lying in bed after a pretty sweet relaxing day. I haven't posted in awhile and I miss my reflection time spent writing on here. So for the motivation .. Because we all know I only have something to write when something in the universe catches my attention. 
This got my attention " you know how people are always saying .. Seize the moment? , well I think it's actually the opposite. The moment seizes us. " 
This was a quote from a movie I finished watching and the thought kind of stole my mind away. I had a moment when I could picture myself in that exact scenario. I remember being too afraid to make a move.. I was feeling so overcome. By the way I am not talking about my first kiss! ( that was a whole different 7th grade fiasco! ) I was sitting in a church service and I could feel the intensity building up in my chest. My heart was pounding so loud I thought for sure the people next to me could hear! I really wished I had gone up to the front of the church for prayer. 
That statement just got me kind of wishing that I could have one of those moments again because it's been so long since the last time I had that feeling. 
I appreciate that intense feeling so much. I remember during the summer of 99, my life had been radically changed by God and it was nearing the end of our trip and we were on this Native reserve.. On one of our last days the pastor was holding baptisms in the river and I will never forget the pounding I felt in my heart. I was supposed to be baptized that day ! I just knew it. Thankfully that day I did seize the moment. It took every ounce of courage to ask if I could be baptized too! But I did it. 
It's really special to be able to hear Gods voice so very clearly like I did in that instance. I wish it was always so clear, seizing moments wouldn't be so challenging if we were totally confident that it was the right thing to do! It's more difficult now as I'm older... And yeah I'm rough around the edges now and a lot less enthusiastic about putting myself in uncomfortable situations. Still though.. I hope I have many more of these unsettling moments. They make me feel alive and remind me that I can still be moved. 
The moral of all this.... is to seize the moment before it seizes you! Hmm I bet you've never thought of it this way right!? I know! Mind blowing ! 

No comments: