Overcome.

Overcome.
You Can.

Friday, November 7, 2014

Sleepless Nights

This whole time change is taking awhile to sink in! Lately I've been going to bed pretty early and waking up in the middle of the night. So it's 2 am and I'm watching Jimmy Fallon! Probably try going to bed in a few minutes. 

It's so hard to believe it's November and almost Christmas again. I've been alone for over a year now and it sometimes it all still doesn't sink in. Life is pretty awesome most of the time! I really feel blessed. The first ever magazine publication for Hannah House "Shine Bright" should be reaching homes early next week, it's amazing to see God allowing me to pursue my passion and dream to have a magazine through this incredible opportunity. It's the kick off starting point that I need to begin down this road that I have felt is the direction God has been calling me towards. 

I have a lot to be thankful for, my regular job that pays the bills at 7-Eleven has been great, I love the people and look forward to going to work everyday. 

I always am very honest and upfront about how I feel. I haven't posted as much as id like to for that reason, I just wasn't comfortable sharing how I felt because so much of what was going on in my life was relating back to dealing with being separated and life since our split. I've not wanted to be bitter  or dwell on things I can't change. 

I'm still healing and as I prepare to face another Christmas alone I am excited and sad at the same time. I often feel prepared to move on and the thought of doing that and sharing this season with someone who deeply cares for me makes me smile. On the other hand I feel sad when I look around and think back to my first Christmas with Kyle by ourselves in B.C, we only had $50 to spend and buying a Christmas tree was a huge splurge, that and other things made our first Christmas so sweet and precious.

My days are usually a blur between past and present, photo albums filled with years of memories are hard to forget yet the person I am today is so much more vibrant and complete than that girl I used to be. Life is a journey of self discovery and the more we experience and go through the more we understand and become our best selves. It's hard because I miss my old life but at the same time I don't because I was missing a big part of me. 

I was watching Parenthood and there is a couple who are going through a separation and tonight's episode they were dividing assets and divorce is the next step.  It's been interesting watching this storyline and I've related in the sense that from a viewers stand point it's so obvious, just get over it and come back! Make it work! I've appreciated how the show has left that situation uncomfortable and difficult because that is very true to how it is. After two people have been so hurt, the immediate reaction is self protection. 



In my case I will be completely honest, a statement of heart felt professed love and willingness to try would influence me greatly. The cliff hanger in tonights episode leaves Julia on the receiving end of that exact heart felt plea to rectify the marriage. It's very difficult to watch that, I think anyone who has been in a similar situation longs for that. 

The healing part of this year for me has been letting go of that scenario occurring, not to say it couldn't but that its all okay. God has had a plan set apart for me since I was born and trusting my life in His is the answer to everything.
It's liberating and scary but so freeing. I still pray all the time for something miraculous to change, physically speaking with all that's happened it is humanly impossible but I know that with God nothing is too great. I have to trust and allow Him to lead. 

So that's where I sit, in the middle of joy and sorrow .. Everyday! It's at times uncomfortable especially since divorce is looming and very real but knowing that God is in control is completely freeing!  I trust in Him, He has helped me prepare for a new life and it's going to be great because I'm a different woman than I was before.  I'm strong, self reliant, distinctly aware, grateful, confident and the biggie-  I don't know how to explain this but fearfully aware of The Lord in a new way. My life is His and being obedient to the Holy Spirit's still small voice is my compass pointing me in the right direction. That brings me incredible peace and joy. Thank you for that Lord!

Okay, 3:25 AM time for bed! 

No comments: