Overcome.

Overcome.
You Can.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Christmas 2014

Merry Christmas!

It's that special time of year again and last night, Nov 16 ( probably the earliest I have ever started by the way!) I put out all of my Christmas decorations!
It was a lovley wintery night. I was watching the Toronto Santa Clause parade after work and was feeling inspired to get the season started in my little home!
I have been living in the midst of so many different experiences and life changes. I am really blessed to say that my Faith is growing stronger and I am growing deeper in my walk with Christ.

I have been watching a sermon series called "Small Things Big Difference" By the awesome preacher Craig Groeschel. The series was last years 2014 January kick start as opposed to New Years Resolutions that never seem to stick! I am getting started early and am excited because it's so true! The more I fix my thoughts everyday on God, the closer we become and the little things I do like pray first thing in the morning and allow my mind to be fixed on eternal things through out the day bring big changes, ultimately these little things are drawing me closer to God's destiny for my life. Exciting stuff, ....I know right?!

One of the things Craig talks about is decerning One word for the upcoming year that you will focus on. I have been thinking a lot about it this week and I believe that word for me this year is TRANSFORM. I was also thinking, REFINE but I believe that I am not at that place yet in my life. I strongly desire for my mind and thoughts to be fixed on Eternal things to the point where It becomes who I am. I have comes strides in being at peace as opposed to worry, positive not negative and more Godly than worldly but I know I need to TRANSFORM to live out these charachteristics and that is what I am going to be focusing on this year. This weeks sermon challenge was to think of one thought to repeat over and over again to remind ourselves of the word we chose.

I thought it was interesting that I wasn't totally sure on the word TRANSFORMATION and then Craig talked about how the renewing of our minds brings TRANSFORMATION and he quoted the scripture verse in Romans that encompassed everything I need to focus this year on. It was pretty awesome to hear! So this verse is going to be what I repeat in my mind each day to help  me TRANSFORM.

Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is - his good, pleasing and perfect will.


Merry Christmas!









1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful my sweet:)