Overcome.

Overcome.
You Can.

Monday, January 5, 2015

New Year, New Life

So..
2015
Ah, I hope for so much this year!
Its too soon to call it but around Oct last year I felt like something switched in my brain, I figured some stuff out about myself that I needed and gained this better understanding and peace for my life.

Everything is just starting to FLOW. For those of you who tune into Elevation Church, you may have heard the Pastor, Steve Furtick talk about finding our Flow during his New Years Eve message. It was pretty powerful! The idea that we don't need to look for new wells to receive a fresh movement from God in our lives, that the one we have may be clogged up and rusty but it's still good!! We just have to clear it out instead of continually looking for new sources of Spiritual refreshment. No need for New Wells!


For so many years I was searching for a new spiritual encounter similar to the life changing one I had in the summer of '99 when I was prayed for and released from heavy oppression and bondage. Since that time in my life I haven't been able to experience the power of the Holy Spirit in the same ways as I did that summer and the fall months that followed. I thought for sure that someone was going to have to pray for me intensly in order for me to hear the Holy Spirit speaking into my life and feel His presence. 

It happened slowly, I started to dig in this summer. Through the tears and sadness of everything that has happened in my life I cried out to God. What I realized every single time is after the crying and saying "I can't do this..this is too hard..I feel so lost"...amongst other things! My pain turned into praise..praise at how God had brought me through to this point, how I was starting to see that He was carefully holding me and the plans for my life were still going to happen, He hadn't forgotten about me!

God is using the past mistakes and faliures to recreate a life and a future with purpose that I can't even imagine. His plan and purpose for my life hasn't changed and He is not going to leave me this way! 

All this realization and 3 words:

Trust

Wait

Let Go

These words were given to me at different times but in that order last fall by the Holy Spirit so clearly I will never forget them. All during complete and utter pain staking moments while I was hanging on for dear life, not sure I was going to make it! Every single time..after I heard the word..peace beyond measure and a whirlwind of clarity consumed me! 

Since then I have figured out too that the only time I feel really really good and hopeful & in the "Flow" is when I am spending time with God. I watch Podcast sermon series' a few times a week, This I have found is the best way to start the day! Craig Groeschel has some of the best sermon series' ever!!! Always gets me motivated and inspired. I spend time all through out the day just trying to stay connected to the Lord. Bible reading and prayer in the morning is the best way to start everyday (But you already knew that!) I love to listen to worship music at the gym too! Makes the hour on the treadmill a mini worship service! 

All this to say..
I feel like something has shifted in my heart and I am so thankful.
I feel like I am just beginning but on my way to truly transforming into the woman God has believed me always to be. He's never given up hope and I am full of it now too!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Heath - this is so cool. I'm so excited that you're hearing from God. Keep pressing in!