Overcome.

Overcome.
You Can.

Saturday, February 21, 2015

You've Got This!


Its Saturday night, my day off, Raptors are playing against Houston..Im listening to the fifty shades of grey sound track, reading through some older posts.. reminiscing. 

I really love reading some of my older posts, I have a strong poetic outlook on life that is pretty priceless. It's hard to see how different my life has become since Kyle I split. I was so unaware back then, I was a hopeless dreamer who believed in the impossible. I haven't totally changed but my optimism and hopeful thinking has a lot of protective elements surrounding it now. 


I am not sure how I am going to be able to trust someone with my heart again. Its going to take a lot but letting my guard down and allowing someone to comfort me is going to be so tough. I look at love and relationships so differently now. I always thought I could just be me..






I thought marriage was something special with one person...you were able to cry, share  highs and lows..be weak and be yourself, the good ..the bad..and the ugly! ..In my situation I felt like everything was later used against me.. I have a terrible fear now of letting go and trusting someone with my heart. Im afraid they're going to turn around one day out of the blue and say it all wasn't okay and leave. 


I am fighting for my optimistic outlook on life again. I am doing all the right things to achieve it.. I have been doing 5 days a week at the Gym since January 1. Also, reading through the bible and spending more time in prayer and focusing my life and priorities. 

It's so challenging though, my heart can't catch up with the rest of my mind and body. It still hurts so much. I feel so betrayed and forgotten. Its painful. 

I am going to try to take this year to transform, so far everyday has been a fight.. I am pushing through my sadness believing in a bright future where I can love whole heartedly. 

One day at a time..This is my Mantra. The discipline to work out and physically transform Im seeing is the easy part, Spiritually..spending time with God is also my natural reaction but healing my heart is proving to be the hardest thing Ive ever had to do.

Looking back .. I like the Innocent and dreamy outlook I used to have but I LOVE the powerful confident assurance that I possess today a lot more! I was pretty special back in the day..but now..I am tough as nails and having to fend for myself has created this driven independent woman who knows exactly what she wants and is not going to settle for anything less than 100%. I was way to accepting and understanding in my younger years. There are certain things that are just not acceptable to me anymore and I won't be putting up with any mistreatment anymore! 


When I'm on the tread mill running, I am constantly thinking to myself..You have to fight for this ..You've got this!!! you have to physically workout your faith..This is your life..your becoming who you want to be.. Its like Im getting stronger emotionally with every workout..the physical output is healing my heart at the same time. Its encouraging to experience this. As hard as life gets and right now with the snow and winter, its been super hard! But Its taking little active steps that Im feeling are making a big difference. 

I am happy about that.
The Raptors are having a really tough game, 98-76 ..But you know they are going to BRING IT ..next game..they always give it their all and Im going to keep giving life my all too! 



No comments: